Sunday, April 24, 2011

Books

1. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
The Secret is a book that has had the most influence on me. I loved this book because it teaches you that nothing is impossible. Everything is possible if you believe in it. This book teaches you the secret to always stay positive. My favorite part of the book was the law of attraction. Even 'till this day, I sometimes go back and read it. I find it a great way to live you life. It is easy to apply in your daily life.

2. About A Boy by Nick Hornby
About A Boy was influential because in the book, we were able to follow the stores of Will and Marcus. It was very interesting because Will was an older man and Marcus was a child. Together they both helped each other out. They, in a way, helped each other mature. Although they were not father and son, it is the man figure Marcus needed. There was even a movie about this book that came out with Hugh Grant.

3. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank


I read this book in high school and it was very influential. First, it made realize how things have changed drastically from that point in time. Makes be grateful for today. This book talks about the struggles she goes through hiding with her family for two years during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands. This book is pretty detailed since it was really Anne's Diary. It was a good book to read to see the struggle's she went through.

2 comments:

  1. The Secret seems like it would be a really interesting book. I think I might go check it out the next time I'm at a bookstore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices. "About a Boy" is a great movie. I'm sure the book is even better.

    ReplyDelete